shipping to Egypt
Egypt is the most populous continent in Africa on the Arab continent. It recognizes as one of the major economies of Africa. It considers as an attraction for international tourism. The number of moves each year is visible in Egypt, so we pay special attention to Egyptian removal. If you plan to move to Egypt, we will give you full support throughout the entire removal process. We have worked on resettlement's intricacies with years of experience and thereby move our goods from any corner of the UK to Egypt. Made competent enough. The first problem that people usually face when going abroad is the constant transfer of their valuables. If you meet the same challenge, you need not worry because Londonmoving Movers & Packers are here to help you.
Our company can safely transport your home goods to your final destination using high-quality packing materials. Our professionals take full responsibility for household items and ensure that our customers do not have to worry about anything during the move and thoroughly enjoy their relocation. Whether you are picking up sticks to settle abroad or returning home after spending time in Egypt, our moving workforce is there to facilitate your stay. Your every move treat with the same level of care and consideration. Your valuables will be carefully packed and unpacked at their final destination in the same way. We continuously provide consistent service to our customers with constant attention and commitment.
What offer we did?
- Free quote of your move
- Short or long term storage
- Removals insurance
- Door to door shipping service
- Weekly groupage service
- Help with documentation
- Export quality packing materials
- Advice on customs requirements
- Customs clearance
Clearance Used household Goods and personal effects
- Original passport with Egyptian resident / work permit
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory, valued, dated, and signed in English
- Packing list
- Letter of guarantee
- Form 4DE (diplomats)
- All items are subject to taxes, including consumables items.
- All audio visual goods (tapes, videos, books, DVD, CD Roms, ETC) will be inspected, viewed, read by customs and released no sooner after import.
- Packing list must be clear and legible as it will be translated into Arabic.
- Private owners of the goods must pay duties and taxes.
- All the goods, from private to half-diplomat are subject to customs inspection.
- Extra charges fees may be applied for inspection of special items including food, phones, painting, alcohol etc (check with agent for details)
- Inspection fees, duties and taxes have to be paid by owner of the consignment.
- All owners of the shipments not having a letter of guarantee must pay taxes and duties in cash.
- The letter of guarantee states an amount of money corresponding to the amount of duties and taxes to be paid.
- These funds are placed into a bank account and released to the owner of the goods when moving out of Egypt.
- At time of move, all items must be exported; otherwise taxes and fines will be paid on each missing item.
- The guarantee can only be obtained with a work permit and work visa.
- Vehicles and all audio visual goods must be loaded at the door of the container.
- The inventory must state the model, brand, size, and content (e.g., Sony 40” television) for all electrical and electronic items.
- Instruction manuals must be attached to printers and fax machines.
- Wooden crates in air or sea shipment must be fumigated.
- Diplomatic organizations and some international organization must apply for duty and tax exemptions on personal effects (approximately 7 to 21 working days).
- Diplomatic may be exempted from customs duties and inspection provided they apply for and are granted from 4DE (protocol).
- Original registration card
- Original bill of lading
- Original passport with residence / work permit
- Only diplomats may import cars older than 12 months of age.
- The temporary registration must be obtained by the owner of the goods.
- OBL must show classic number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand, and model.
- Owner of the goods must pay applicable fees upon delivery.
- For non-diplomats, taxes will range from 70% to 170 % CIF value (the value is assessed by customs officers).
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Veterinary health certificate must be is issued at point of origin no more than 2 weeks from date of issue.
- Pets will be examined upon arrival by a doctor from the Egyptian ministry of agriculture.
- Animals suspected of having rabies will be quarantined; charges will apply.
- Live chicks are the only bird permitted for import and must meet all health requirements.
- Scanners, printers, phones, and faxes (agreement by Egyptian Authorities required)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the local administration required)
- Alcohol (free for diplomats); 3000% duty (non-diplomats)
- Perfume for personal use
- Wireless phones
- Unlawful drugs and narcotics
Recommended: contact the Removals company to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air/ sea shipments.